- For information about supported operating systems, network and Internet requirements and recommendations, general hardware and software requirements and secure browser installation, including supported individual and network installation options, please refer to the Quick Guide for Setting Up Your Online Testing Technology.
- For information about supported hardware and software for Braille testing as well as information about configuring JAWS, see the Assistive Technology Manual.
About Supported Browsers
- Only supported operating system versions are listed in the table above.
- These operating systems are supported when software is directly installed on machines and devices. Some types of network installation are also supported.
- For information about network installation and related requirements, refer to the Quick Guide for Setting Up Your Online Testing Technology.
Warning: Support for New Desktop Operating Systems
Desktop operating systems, in particular new versions of those operating systems, not in the above table are not supported. Do not upgrade to new operating systems on computers used to administer online assessments.
Warning: Support for Updated Mobile Operating Systems
Turn off or delay automatic updates of the iOS, Android, and Chrome operating systems. Doing so will allow changes to these systems to be reviewed and any that pose a potential risk to student testing to be addressed. Announcements will be posted to the CAASPP Portal when a new mobile operating system can be used for testing.